Sunday, September 23, 2012

Way Off in Checkbook!?!

I have been balancing my checkbook for the entire summer by checking my balance online and deducting credit card purchases at the same time.  Needless to say, there was too much activity for me to have any confidence that I was correct in all my calculations.  I was actually $4000 short at one point because I forgot to transfer money over that I had already written in.  Anyway, I figured that one out.

I took the time to make sure that I had everything accounted for including any credit card purchases.  Turns out that I was way off.  There is an EXTRA $1226 in our checking account.  Yay!  I'm going to leave it there for a month or two to make sure that I didn't miss anything.  With our savings account at only $671, that money sure helps out big time.

Have you ever made an error in your favor in your checkbook?  This almost seems to good to be true :)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I love it when that happens although usually its because I forgot about something! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't balance my checkbook. I know it's a terrible thing and every once in a while causes me to overdraft. However, I think all that saved time & frustration may be worth the fee. Congrats on the "free money."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never, ever in my personal checking, but I do it all the time in the business. Not a lot but I am off 2-3 hundred in deposits almost every month. Usually in my favor. I try to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found an "extra" $100 in the checkbook yesterday. 'Course then I lost $10 further down... so I guess I'm +$90!

    ReplyDelete