Tuesday, October 16, 2012

$108 Phone Call!

I received my DirecTV bill today because we just got it set up on the 11th of this month.  I was surprised to see a $198 bill because I had a credit of $89 as of my last statement (which was July).  I called them up and explained that our account had been put on pause because we had been building our house.  The guy I talked to was very nice and said he didn't think that he would be able to fix it.  I patiently waited on the phone for 20 minutes while I was making dinner.  My wait paid off because he went back and paused our account back to September 6 when it had been reactivated.  DirecTV is crediting my account with them $108.

I was very happy that I had called and proud that I had kept my last statement showing the large credit.  I probably would have forgotten that we had an $89 credit if I hadn't kept it.

Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. God stuff!! That's a nice discount! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm.. That would be "good". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, that is scary! Glad they were able to fix it, though. That's definitely a very worth while call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It pays to pay attention and to be persistent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! Patience and organization go a looooong way I find :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I read your blog like every week. Your humoristic style is awesome, keep up the good work! http://www.exoticcarrental305.com

    ReplyDelete