Sunday, October 21, 2012

Case of "I Wants!"

I want so many new things.  Y and I went shopping yesterday and we just happened to stop in a furniture store to look for a bedroom set for us.  We want a king sized mattress and bedroom suite.  We would like a platform bed with drawers underneath the bed.  We also both want our own nightstands because often the sets only come with one.  We found one that we both really like.  With the mattress, it would be about $4000.  Sigh...

We also want a shower curtain for our bathroom with new towels, toothbrush holder, etc.

We also want blinds for our house.

We also want a new sectional for our living room.

We also want an aquarium with really cool fish.

It would be so easy to go so far into credit card debt with the thoughts of just paying for it later.  Just so easy...

5 comments:

  1. Yup... I agree! It's taken us years to get what we want.. I'd like a new bedroom set as well, a new recliner, etc.. One day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better get to saving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me 24 years to get the bedroom set I wanted, LOL. I had always wanted a cherry sleigh bed and dressers and nightstands that all match. With a bonus from work a few years ago we were finally able to replace our brty old king size mattress and get the cherry sleigh bed. A year later I was able to get one of the dressers. That's all I've been able to get so far, but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one scary price tag. But as Anon said, it's a good time to start saving with those gifts in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is scary because every time I moved I would charge 1000's to make the house presentable. Really the house was always presentable. I just wanted things. I still want things but I know I have to save for them. But still struggling to pay off debt, it just creeps up and takes over.

    ReplyDelete