Monday, October 1, 2012

I Didn't REALLY Think We Would Build

To be honest, I thought there was no way in hell that we were going to build our house this Summer.  Beginning the year, we had savings of $37,375 and a mortgage of $49,671.  I didn't think that we would be able to pay off the mortgage and have enough left over for the overages to build.  Y really wanted a new house and pushed it.  He said that the low mortgage rates made it the perfect time to build. 

I'm so happy that we did build.  I love my new house.  It's a rambler with a full basement.  There are 1810 square feet on the main floor, 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.  It has an open floor plan with a bar between the kitchen and dining room.  It also has an oversized 3 stall attached garage.  I will have a covered porch in the front when we build it this spring, right now it just has the covered part but not the deck part. 

We still have a couple bills trickling in that I will be paying this month.  We owe $530 for the company that trenched our propane.  We also have a $550 Lowe's credit card bill and another $170 credit card bill.  I will pay them this month out of our savings account.  Yikes!  This all really added up.

I'm so happy that I listened to Y and took a leap of faith that building our house this year would work out.  With the increased gas prices, the cost of building will be sure to go up next year.

Has anybody else ever taken a leap of faith and been thankful for it later?

I would post pictures and I know where my camera is but not the adapter to plug it into my computer. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds nice! You should take a picture of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. I also have been waiting for pictures......... I think you did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see pictures too, your house sounds amazing! I'm so happy, you're happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!! Things are so much easier to pay when you are happy you did them in the first place!!!

    ReplyDelete