Thursday, November 1, 2012

October 2012 Debt Round Up

Car  10,900                                                             0% interest
Student loan 4,615.59                                             4.5% interest
Best Buy credit card 6,300                                0% for 18 months, then 25%
Total 21,815.59

Down $1,052.24 for the month

I am tracking all of our spending this month and hope to pay down Best Buy quite a bit.  I'm getting a good commission check this month that will help with paying it down and replenishing our savings account.  Our savings is sitting at $3000 but I would like to have $5000 minimum for our comfort level. 

Hope everybody had a happy and safe Halloween!

By the way, did you know that Halloween is the worst night for car accidents, even more so than New Year's Eve?  I know that because I rolled my car on Halloween when I was 18 :(  I wasn't drinking but young and not an entirely experienced driver. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I didn't know Halloween was such a dangerous night. I've heard of Saint Patrick's and Memorial Day weekend as being pretty bad. Glad you were ok. And 0% on the car loan interest? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanner, 0% is nice but its still debt and I want to pay it off. Right now I'm just making my regular payment of $350 per month while I tackle our Best Buy card and my student loan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I had no idea about the accidents! I always figured it'd be another day.

    ReplyDelete