Friday, February 15, 2013

Drastic Changes Needed!!

Today was our payday and instead of being overjoyed at all the money that flowed right to our savings account or paying off our credit card, I was greatly disappointed that it was already pissed away. Again this month, it seems like we have had a freakin ton of expenses, both planned and unplanned. Notice anything? This seems to be a regular occurrence of having a ton of things just creep up.

Y and I had a talk about how we need to cut back all expenses. No, we don't follow a budget and rarely have in the past. We just cut expenses when we need to do so and we're pretty good at it. We pay ourselves first or pay the evil credit card first so we're usually ok. We need to do better. I might even start posting how much we spend to keep us accountable. I usually don't do this because I'm lazy and don't want to hear negative feedback. This might need to change.

Ok, as I'm writing this, I decided that I will post my daily expenses. I might work up to weekly expense reports.

For today:
lunch $12.18
admission to wrestling match $6
hotdogs at wrestling match $3
groceries $80.50
repair for hydraulics for the tractor $165

Expensive day largely due to the tractor repair but we've had a lot of snow and we need to be self sufficient.

I hate debt and it needs to go. UGH!!

4 comments:

  1. Well there was no way around the tractor repair so don't beat yourself up over it. As for myself I keep a budget, a good old fashion paper and pencil one.

    It works for me but each person is different but for me I need to know where all my money goes, I need to know whats coming and whats going and its the easiest way to cut bills I could cut.

    Good luck..you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judy. We did need to repair the tractor because its cheaper than buying a different one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Negative feedback is never good, but constructive feedback is another thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete