Monday, February 25, 2013

Fixing a Crappy Day

I had a really horrible day today that was a mix of things not going well for current deals and missing out on a new deal because I didn't buy my flooring in our town from the only overpriced dealer.

I did something that would make my day a little brighter. I bought and delivered flowers to my best friend. She's not pregnant anymore and has had a terrible week obviously. She's been in the hospital three times in the last week. She is super strong and I know she will make it through but I want her to know that I've got her back.

What do you do when you have a horrible day? Do you focus on doing something nice for somebody else? Take extra time to play with your kid? Exercise?

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your day was "off" and horrible, but I love how you decided to bless someone else for that feel good pick me up instead!!!

    Role model!

    I'm sure she appreciated that you thought of her!

    If i'm angry, i exercise if its just a horrible day, the husband and I will lay on the bed for a while until I feel better-- maybe hit a pillow or two playfully :)

    I like your solution better. I'm going to totally try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! What a terrific way to make yourself feel better - and someone else, too. What a lovely gesture! I have to admit I'm not very good at taking care of those sorts of feelings (horrible days) very well or healthily. All I want to do is eat and watch TV, so I need to find a more productive way of burning that energy off. This gives me food - the good kind! - for thought. My birthday is coming up shortly and I try to make a "to accomplish" list to complete by my next one. It doesn't have to be grand or scary or anything, but I need to feel proud of myself, have some experiences and generally just feel better about being. I think I need to add something like that to my list: exercise/be kind if cranky/tetchy/horrible day. It'll do wonders for me! :) Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your friend. Yes, I tend to exercise when I've had a bad day. It changes my mood pretty instantly. I love the idea of focusing on doing something kind for someone else, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I have a crappy day or week... I pick up my grandson and bring him over to the house. He chases all my ugly thoughts away. :)

    ReplyDelete