Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy Gardening Day!!

Gardening is my best hobby and its finally time to plant everything this year. Yesterday I planted onions, garlic, beets, peas, okra, and all the plants I bought; tomatoes, many peppers both sweet and hot, cabbage, and eggplant. Today will be a busy gardening day until it rains this afternoon.

Y plowed up a separate vine garden for cukes, pumpkins, squash, zucchini, and melons. The unfortunate part is that when he was returning the plow to our neighbors house, a piece fell off and they can't find it. We will be replacing it for them. Not quite sure how much that will be. They looked for it for four hours yesterday and couldn't find it.

I'm now 14 weeks along and getting back my energy. I had a Dr appointment this past week and everything is going well. Lil Punk came with me and was able to hear the heartbeat. She thought that was pretty cool.

I've put an effort into stocking up on groceries when they're on sale. I found a deal where soups were only $.98 after a coupon yesterday. I even saved 30 bucks last weekend on a grocery trip. Small progress...

What's on you agenda today? Any gardening?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like its going to be a fabulous garden!! :) The first trimester is brutal isn't it!? Glad you're feeling better, you need that with another little one in tow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washington typically doesn't have the best growing season, but we went ahead & planted spinach, tomatoes, strawberries, cucumber, & watermelon. Each kid got to pick one plant - our oldest wisely chose cucumber, but the little guy was determined to get watermelon. Yeah, we'll see how that grows. :-) The spinach is already looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete