Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rain, Rain, Come Everyday!

Ir has rained here almost everyday for about the last 10 days which has made it a bit dreary. BUT my newly planted garden loves it. I have so many plants sprouting. This is a list of everything planted: squash, watermelons, pumpkins, cantaloupe, cucumbers, asparagus, herbs like cilantro, basil, oregano, and dill, peas, beans, edamame, lettuce, spinach, carrots, turnips, parsnips, radishes, radicchio, garlic, tomatoes, bell and hot peppers, okra, potatoes, corn, beets, ground cherries, tomatillos, Swiss chard, bok Choy, eggplant, cabbage, and lots of onions.

I love garden time. I love cooking with the fresh food and just going outside to get a snack. I wish all of my blogging friends lived close so I could just drop off a garden basket for you all.

3 comments:

  1. We got a TONNE of rain yesterday and last night, a bit today, but it's calling for storms tomorrow and over the weekend. I don't mind them to be honest, I get a lot more done around the house when it rains. ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden sounds awesome! Here in Jersey the weather has been so crazy (80 degrees 1 day 40 the next, 70 by day 30 by night) almost nothing has grown except our peas :( We love fresh grown too and last year we had it coming out our ears. I hope we can get some stuff to grow cause the kids love to eat it from their own garden. I would totally take a basket too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been yucky here too. And boy do I wish that I was closer. I love my veggies. You couldn't tell by looking at me but I really do!

    ReplyDelete