Thursday, June 27, 2013

Family Drama

I don't have any contact with my parents and one biological brother. My parents were shitty parents growing up. My childhood was filled with abuse, physically, verbally, and emotionally. I remember thinking that I would change my life as soon as I could.

Enter adulthood and I began to make my own choices. I became a mom and my number one priority is protecting my daughter. My mom thought that I should bring Lil Punk around my one biological brother who is a rapist. My last conversation with my mother almost three years ago was me telling her that Lil Punk would never be allowed around my one brother. She pretty much told me to take a hike and I gladly did it.

My oldest sister has a tight relationship with my mom. (she also lets her kids be around the rapist). I finally told her today that I'm pregnant and asked her not to tell her parents. She asked if I meant forever and I said yes. I'm relieved that I finally told her but I hate family drama. So stressful.

This has nothing to do with PF but just on my mind. ...

7 comments:

  1. I hope you can find it in yourself some day to forgive them.....I'm working on my own family drama issues here and prolly will be until they plant me in the ground. lol
    Forgiving doesn't mean you have to forget or let them into your life again....but it will help you move on.

    Good for you for letting the sister know...I doubt she can(even if she wanted to)keep it from her parents forever.
    Having dysfunction in your family is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best for the rest of your life. Wish your mom could be more understanding. At least she wouldn't have lost you and could enjoy her grand children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry to hear this. You have to do what's right for your and your family. As hard as it might be to not communicate with your mother, protecting your family is the right thing to do.

    Take care *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that :( I hope you at least have a good relationship with your in-laws. It amazes me how some people will treat their own flesh & blood. You completely did the right thing - once you are an adult you can choose to not be around toxic relationships. Hurts though as you mourn the loss of a family that you always wanted.

    So, how is that baby doing? Give us an update :) Are you going to find out the sex?

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you made a good decision, protecting our kids comess first and theres no obligation to be around abusive family members. hope you and bub are keeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand more than you know. I also, have no contact with my family for many of the same reasons. Trust me, avoiding the drama just makes life better. I do whatever I have to to stay away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will never understand why people choose to defend someone who hurt an innocent over the innocent themselves. It's a risk I'm not willing to take. Difficult as it is, I applaud you for standing up for what's right.

    ReplyDelete