Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Update: 20 Weeks

I'm now 20 weeks along. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and then my ultrasound will be set up. We are definitely finding out the sex of the baby. I want to know and to be able to further bond with my baby. I don't want a surprise.

The baby is getting more and more active but I still don't feel it often when I'm busy at work. Lil Punk and Y haven't been able to feel any kicking yet.

My weight gain has been much more in control this time. I've gained around 15 pounds so far. I gained around 60 pounds with Lil Punk so I'm so far behind that number. I'm not worried about losing the weight because I will breastfeed again but I had constant back pain before that I would like to avoid if possible. It does get hard on your body to put on so much weight. I just don't feel that the recommended 25 to 35 pounds is realistic for most women.

Names? We have no idea. We don't agree on anything. Hence, another reason we need to find out about the sex.

We are excited but life still goes on. Its still summer and we still have work responsibilities. November 15th will be here before we know it.

11 comments:

  1. I am really excited for you. Having four kiddos myself, I still want more, but it is not in the cards for me.

    I always found out as well and you know - it is still a surprise. You don't know when you go in the office! When you find out, it is still a surprise! Maybe not as dramatic, but a surprise none-the-less.

    I am praying you don't have the back pain - nothing worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! I gained way too much weight with my first and had an 8.13 baby. Not smart as I started out under 100 lbs and went to 160. But as a professional dancer I just for the first time in my memory gave myself permission to eat! I was much more careful with the remaining four. Like 25 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going well for you in this pregnancy. Weight gain is a funny thing. It depends so much on where you start. I'm with you about finding out the sex. I'm 13 weeks along right now and can't wait until they can try and tell me if there's a boy or girl growing in there. I want to know, choose the name, plan for what needs planning (though I think less this time, now that we have a lot of baby stuff from my son). I can appreciate those who don't want to know, but I gotta know! I hope the next 20 weeks goes just as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the weight gain... with all 3 of my girls I barely gained 15, and i'm very slim to begin with. They were each barely 5lbs.. if I had to do it again, I would fill my face 24/7 to not have low-birthweight babies. :(

    I also found out what we were having too.. I wanted to shop, prepare, choose a name, etc.. :) Hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!! :) I could never wait, too much pressure :) I gained 40 pounds with both of mine, and they were 8.1 and 8.6. But breastfeeding (or pumping for a year in my case) didn't do anything for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So excited for you! I know I gained 30 pounds with my first, and I think closer to 40 with my second, both girls. We found out the gender. We just had to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found out the sex with both of mine, it really helped me plan everything - names, clothes, decor. Can't wait to hear what it is! You're halfway there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! Can't wait for the next baby update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. half way through already, gosh time flies! keep well

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for you. Just the thought of a new loveable bundle makes me smile. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! What a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete