Monday, July 22, 2013

Car Repairs...Ugh!!

Y's pick-up needs repairs to the tune of about $500. Remember how my last post I said it needed something with the front-end, maybe alignment, it turns out it was the tie rod and something else. I guess it will come out of savings. Ugh!!

This just happens to come after an expensive weekend of camping. Whoever said camping is cheap lied. Camp site fees, gas for the 4 hour drive, food, drinks, it all adds up. We need to stop spending so much freakin' money!!!

August will be a pantry challenge. More to come on that later. Care to join me?

7 comments:

  1. I'll join. Last time I went too the store I way over bought. Didn't make a list. We need to use up what we have before buying more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we are moving, we will most definitely be doing a freezer & pantry challenge - trying to get rid of everything we have stored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pantry challenge... I don't think I have anything in the pantry to survive, but I can try. Sorry to hear about the car issues. There are very, very few problems when it comes to cars that are cheap or easy to fix. It's always something with these vehicles. I am just crossing my fingers that when mine does have a problem, it just straight-up dies. Ducktape can only redo so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I know exactly how you are feeling. Right now I can't wait for September so that hopefully I can begin saving some money. Until then I have some unavoidable expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always seems like when you open up the purse strings for just a bit of fun, you end up paying for an unforeseen problem. Its like a punishment.

    ReplyDelete