Monday, July 15, 2013

Credit Card Rewards

I applied for a new credit card today, Amex Sky Blue. After charging $500 in the first three months, I will get 30,000 bonus points. I can exchange those points for $400 in travel. It needs to be airfare, hotels, car rental, or cruises. I plan to go to Minneapolis with my family for a long weekend this fall. I thought that be perfect for our hotel.

I'm not worried about my credit score taking a hit because its over 800. If I can't use my credit score to score deals like this, then what good is it?

Have you taken out a new card specifically for the perks?

8 comments:

  1. Yes. Totally. DH and I both worked a SW Visa deal a couple years back. We paid $138 in annual fees, but earned enough points for $1200 in gift cards.

    DH opened a Chase Sapphire (no annual fee for the first year) a couple months ago for 40,000 bonus points - we transferred the points to our SW rewards account and will probably cash the points in around November for gift cards (or maybe we will use it for airfare now that AirTran and SW have merged).

    Next on the list is a Hyatt card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wished SW flew into our local airport. They have such good deals. Maybe I should look into the Chase Sapphire card.

      Delete
  2. Yup! Although now its my oldest card that I still carry, I opened an Airmiles credit card for bonuses and over the 8 years I've owned the card I have booked quite a few trips. Totally worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel cards seem to be the most popular 😊

      Delete
  3. No but that reminds me I have points on my business card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good deal you should take advantage of!

    ReplyDelete