Friday, August 9, 2013

August Pantry Challenge 8/9/13

I'm doing a pantry challenge for August. We moved into our house last September and I prefer to eat my pantry down to nothing at least once per year.

I have spent $122 so far this month on groceries. My goal is to keep grocery costs under $400 for the month. That is very tight for us. We usually spend around $550 per month. My garden is in full swing and that is helping out as well.

Tonight is the Vikings' first pre-season game. We invited friends over but I'm not sure they'll be able to make it. Go Purple!

7 comments:

  1. We are definitely in that mode as well, since we don't want to move anything from our pantry. :-) We've spent about $70 on fresh produce/milk so far this month, which is very little for us. I'm hoping to keep the month under $250, until we get to California & have to restock everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh produce and milk really do add up.

      Delete
  2. I too am trying to what what is on hand. In I am broke!:) Minnesota Vikings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure we can be friends anymore....my BFF is a Packers fan, and by default (I don't follow football), I am "forced" to Go Pack Go. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are longtime rivals but the Packers have gotten so arrogant. I so hope that the Vikings beat them this year :)

      Delete
    2. Like I said....I don't follow football. Personally....I don't care who wins!!! My standard answer when watching any sporting event is "go green team!" Even when there isn't a green team, I root for the green. I have rooted for the grass before!

      Delete