Sunday, August 4, 2013

Gift Card Shopping

Lil Punk is spending the weekend with my in-laws at the lake. We haven't had a weekend like this since last summer when she was at the lake. It feels so weird and lonely. She has been exceptionally whiny this past week so I think I'm happy for a little break, just time to recharge and truly appreciate being a parent again.

Y and I went out for dinner last night, like a real date. It was great! We went to Red Lobster because we had a gift card for there. We also went to Target afterwards. I had a $40 gift card so we bought Y sunglasses and I got a new bracelet. I still had a gift card for Bed Bath & Beyond from a year ago. I bought a trio of bathroom art and new onesies for the baby.

We had a very good time for not a lot of money. I love gift cards! Too bad we don't always have enough to shop with.

4 comments:

  1. Sound like a great night out! I love gift cards too! :) Always easier to spend than cash... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great evening. And, totally agree. Sometimes you just need that time away from your kids to recharge & appreciate them again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gift card shopping is such a treat! It feels like you are getting stuff for free. I know, I'm a bit simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a dork that sometimes I "hoard" my gift cards so I can go out and shop and feel like I'm on a spree :) Sounds like you two had a great evening. I'm still dreaming of the day I can leave my little man for a weekend. He'd probably be fine with Nana and Papa, but I might not be!

    ReplyDelete