Friday, October 11, 2013

I wrote a snarky post this week that I published and immediately took down about the government shutdown and the negotiating (or lack of it) between the two parties.

The reality is that I just want our government up and running. More than half of my pay for October will be cut if this continues. I don't have a government job but we need government approval for a large part of what I do and I'm on commission. As much as I don't want my pay cut prior to taking maternity leave, we are lucky I'm that we will be okay.

If they take peoples' Social Security away, many can't afford food. They truly need that income. What's a 85 year old lady supposed to do to get money for food?

We are off to Minneapolis tomorrow for the Vikings game. Maybe they will win two in a row? I hope so.

2 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for writing the post. If something/someone is messing with your pay, I would be upset too! I'm on your side!

    ReplyDelete