Monday, October 28, 2013

Ready for Baby

We are pretty much ready for baby. We still need to put the crib up and wash some baby clothes. I borrowed a lot of clothes from friends. I plan to breastfeed so that is taken care of. I do have a couple boxes of diapers but decided not to stockpile after reading all of your comments.

We have a swing and vibrating bouncer. The only other item I need to check is our infant car seat to see if its expired. I don't buy into the notion that babies need a ton of stuff. They need somewhere to sleep, something to eat, diapers and preferably a swing. We used the swing a lot when Lil Punk was a baby.

I also need to get my baby monitor back from a friend I lent it to. I think she is still using it and her kid is 2 1/2. She knows I need it back so hopefully.

I'm due in 2.5 weeks so I'm getting very uncomfortable. I expect to go to my due date but we shall see. As of last week, I've gained 46 pounds so I'm sure I will hit the 50 pound mark. I'm hoping this baby is under 10 pounds as Lil Punk was over 9 pounds. I want to be back in my jeans by 6 weeks out. Lofty goal.

9 comments:

  1. You sound ready! :) That's great. I am in the process of getting organized, as I have another 11 weeks-ish (though my son was born almost 2 weeks late, so maybe more!) I agree-babies don't need a lot of stuff. I have not got nuts buying clothes etc., as I imagine the grandmothers will enjoy buying cute pink things (we are told this baby is a girl). I've already packed up my "boy" clothes and given them to a friend expecting Nov 24. I did treat myself to a new-to-me Ergo carrier, as I've been coveting them since my son was wee, and I adored wearing him. I found it used online for much cheaper, I was so excited :) Hope you're not too uncomfortable for too much longer. I recall how brutal it was to sleep at the end. Take care and best wishes for a beautiful birth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! It sounds like you're ready to meet the new little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly and your new one arrives safely. 8-)
    Agreed, babies need very little in the way of material goods, just tons of love.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Less is more where babies are concerned - a dry bum, momma's milk and a warm safe place to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound "good to go"! :) lol! Hope you're able to get your monitor back too... that'll save a few $$! Love what Jane said... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited, but remember that little thing is much easier to take care in than out as it is tap dancing on your bladder:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear about the new little one!!! Try to enjoy the fact that you can sleep! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that went fast! Well I'm sure not for you LOL. My second was 9 lbs 8.8 oz. I remember saying "can you weigh him again!?" as my first was just under 8. Couldn't believe he came out that big! I hope everything goes well, can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you all as it gets closer! Hoping for a healthy baby & mommy and a safe delivery, however that has to happen :)

    ReplyDelete