Thursday, October 31, 2013

Under Budget for October 2013

We started off the month with the government shutdown scare which could have affected my pay big time. After the government reopened, we paid off the tractor and then realized that we need a new well. We were very aware of our spending for the entire month. I'm only going to post our discretionary spending here.

Household--budgeted $200, spent $217.17, this includes some necessary items for baby but is the only category that is over. Not too bad considering we were still getting ready for baby.

Entertainment--budgeted $100, spent $15.09 just rented movies from Redbox

Gas--budgeted $500, spent $349.15

Clothes--budgeted $150, spent $25.46

Eating out--budgeted $150, spent $107.08

Y miscellaneous money--budgeted $150, spent $62.81, mostly on energy drinks

Beer--budgeted $180, spent $164.97

Groceries--budgeted $550, spent $438.17

Gifts--budgeted $100, spent $29.39, early Christmas shopping

Miscellaneous--budgeted $100, spent $28.63, postage and a Halloween costume for Lil Punk

My miscellaneous money--$50

I'm pretty happy with our spending this month. We need to continue spending like this for November because we need to pay for the new well this month.

How was your October?

10 comments:

  1. I think we did ok overall... I need to really track well next month, so hoping to step it up! Someone really likes beer... wow. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beer, yes, I know and this is under budget. I don't have much to say on that one.

      Delete
  2. Our household expenses in October were pretty good, but we then went and spent everything that remained in our travel budget for the year booking stuff for the holidays and another exciting weekend that we'll have next year. Bye bye $1000! I hate to see it go out in a big lump, but we'll sure enjoy the benefits of it later on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually mind spending for planned expenses like travel though. I would rather do that than go out to eat a bunch of random times.

      Delete
  3. What do you do with the unspent money? Sweep into savings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all unspent money went directly to savings to pay for the well coming up. Not fun but necessary.

      Delete
  4. Considering the crazy month I had we did manage to stay under budget. November is going to be tighter so here we go again lol but you did great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to stay very tight with November but at some point im having my baby and then I will just want to stay at home with the little guy 😊

      Delete
  5. Good job! I haven't sat down with October's spending yet ... it's the first month in YEARS that I've tracked spending, so I'm curious.

    I'm so excited for you on the baby front! Getting close!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you nailed it this month! We've had so many unplanned for expenses lately I don't even want to do my monthly spend reports :( We are about to get some extra income for the next little while thought; so that should help.

    ReplyDelete