Wednesday, November 27, 2013

So Grateful

I have so much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. I'm most thankful for my new son, my little girl, and my amazing husband. I stare at my son and cannot believe the miracle that he grew in my belly from a fertilized egg. I look at my daughter and am so thankful for the amazing little person she is becoming and has become. I'm so thankful that my husband is supportive and a hands on dad. For the first week post-partum, I couldn't stop crying and he stepped up and did what I needed.

On the financial front, I'm grateful for the fact that we have a warm house and plenty of food to eat. Both my husband and I have good jobs. My work has not bothered me at all since I've been on maternity leave which is nice. We do truly have first world problems.

Our new well was drilled this week. I'm not exactly sure how much it will cost and I'm a little anxious about that. I'm thinking between $5-6000. We have $4000 in our regular savings. We also will have $4500 in our car fund that we will need to pull the remainder of the money from.

 Following the birth of my son, I haven't been overly concerned about our daily spending. I've relied heavily on Y to stop and get what I've needed from the store. He has a habit of also buying cheese and tortillas when he goes shopping.

We haven't received any medical bills yet. We have just over $700 in our flexible medical spending account for 2013. I'm hoping that covers the remainder of the bills.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Glad to hear everyone is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better! Have a great holiday - you have so much to be thankful for:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, watch that crying if it doesn't quit get some help. Wish I was there to help you, but you sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! Kim, I'm already doing so much better but I would definitely go in for help if I need it. Any type of depression is nothing to mess with.

    ReplyDelete