Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Welcome to the World

This is the story of the birth of my son, born one week ago.

I left work early on Tuesday, 11/12/13. I wasn't feeling well but had been having contractions with more regularity since the previous Friday. I mentioned it to my friend and she was adamant that I use her exercise ball. I picked it up and rocked on it for a couple hours. I began to have more contractions. Around 10 pm, I got to bed with the intent to see if the contractions would subside or increase. At this point, I talked to my husband and realized that we didn't have a solid plan for what to do with Lil Punk when we went in. He called his mom to give her a heads up and ask her if she could come over later.

It was obvious to me that I was in labor so around 12:30 Y called his mom again to ask her to drive over. She arrived around 1:15. We then went to the hospital. We got there around 1:45.

I labored in the whirlpool tub for awhile. My doctor broke my water around 4. At that point, I was in pain and just wanted my baby OUT. He was born at 5:15 am. He was a little bigger than I thought, 9 pounds 15 ounces. We were blessed in that he is healthy. He had a bit of jaundice but is doing well now.

I am so in love with my son. I can't imagine life without him now and its only been a week. In a way, its been a long week. Lil Guy has not been sleeping at night. He wants to use me as a human pacifier but won't take a real pacifier. I get that he was in my womb for 9 months and he wants to be close to me.

I love being a mommy for the 2nd time. We are so blessed.  

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I was wondering about this radio silence. :) I'm glad everything went well - enjoy your new little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! :) So happy for you!! Rest up & enjoy these precious moments! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! :D You must be so proud. Take care of yourself and the little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I wish your new baby and your family a happy, healthy, prosperous and long life together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big huge congratulations!!! Good job too, 9 pounds is pretty significant. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you and your whole little family!
    My last baby was 9lb. 11oz. so I GET the wanting him out NOW thing...lolz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! That's very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I was thinking the silence meant you were having your baby. Over 9 pounds - way to go momma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Glad to hear everyone is healthy and doing well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome blessing. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited. That is one big baby! I remember being a human pacifier. Now send me your address so I can send you a gift. Well the baby a gift. I am just so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! Glad all is well wh everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful news and congrats to you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!! So exciting to hear this news. Enjoy your first days/weeks as a family of four :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how I missed this post but Congrats. That's awesome that you got to use a whirlpool tub. Our hospital didn't have anything like that and I would have liked to try it.

    ReplyDelete