Thursday, December 26, 2013

2014 Goals

We had a very nice Christmas and we're now exhausted. We had our Christmas on Christmas Eve and went to my in-laws early yesterday afternoon. We stayed over last night. It was fun but its hard to stay overnight with a nursing newborn. The baby started cooing which is adorable. I need to find a nickname for the baby for this blog but we don't have a nickname for him here yet.

For goals, I have financial and non-financial.

1. Increase regular savings to $10,000
2. Pay off car
3. Increase car fund to $15,000
4. Increase retirement savings to $100,000
5. Pay down mortgage to under $200,000
6. Increase giving by 10%
7. Stick to grocery budget of $500 per month

Non-financial
1. Remain smoke free
2. Lose weight to get down to 132 pounds
3. Plant 3 perennial plants outside of my garden--trees do count.
4. Plant regular garden and vine garden

Do you have your 2014 goals yet? Any advice for me?

8 comments:

  1. Those are some great goals. It will be great to pay off the car. Any estimation on what month that might happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still owe $5000 and have been paying $400 per month so if I continue with that and don't make any extra payments, I would still owe $200 at the end of 2014. However, I have paid ahead so my next payment isn't due until April. If things get too tight, I could put off making a few payments.

      Delete
    2. Love it! Can't wait to watch that one go off your list.

      Delete
  2. I like your goals! I have been working on mine, trying to make them somewhat attainable. I love to hear babies coo!

    Lisa @ Cents To Save

    ReplyDelete
  3. My basic goals are to continue to lose weight, get #2 Son to college w/out him or I dying, reduce grocery spending to $300 when #2 Son leaves home, continue to sock money away by living well below our means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't sat down and figured out any goals for 2014 yet - but I should get going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice goals! Good luck and hope you and your family have an awesome 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very jealous that you have the ability to garden. We live in an urban centre and the closest I've had to a garden was a herb pot from Costco which I promptly killed within a couple of weeks.

    I look forward to the years when my financial goals are about saving and not paying down debt! Good luck in your goals!

    ReplyDelete