Sunday, December 22, 2013

Frugal Week Ahead

I'm starting Carla's No Spend January a week early because we are ready for Christmas. We have all presents and stocking stuffers purchased. Y just finished his shopping on Saturday. We spent more on Christmas this year but we had planned to do so. We did spend much less on each other.

I opted to go to the grocery store tonight to get the remainder of groceries for the rest of the year. With the windchill, its been 20-25 below so I didn't want to take the baby out tomorrow. I made a list and followed it to a T. I went to WalMart and did price matching. I only wanted to spend $50. I spent $51.80 so I consider that a success. The total spent on groceries for December is $454.55. With all of the extra holiday baking, I'm very pleased to have stayed within our $500 grocery budget. Making a menu plan and making a grocery list has helped us stay under budget.

For the remainder of the year, we are closely watching all spending. Y needs gas for his pick-up and I'm planning on no more than $100 for all other spending. We are good on groceries and gifts but I know there will be a few other things come up.

How is your December budget looking?

3 comments:

  1. You'll do it I am on the plan for a year, only totally necessary spending. Oh it cuts my debt so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff!! I don't blame you for not wanting to go out... I hope to stay in until we go to the Theatre to see Elf live on the 28th... 29th is my daughters 16th birthday and we have plans then as well. But do hope to keep the rest of the year "lower spending"... we shall sese! Glad you're joining in with my challenge, I think you'll do awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My December budget is a hot mess. I didn't do so hot in all areas. Oh well, on to 2014! Hopefully it will be a cheap year.
    Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete