Sunday, December 8, 2013

Grocery Spending and Menu Plan

I kept track of our spending for November and we were within budget except for one area, groceries. I budget $550 per month for groceries and we spent a whopping $710 last month. That is a lot of money for food for one month. There were a few WalMart charges and I'm not exactly sure what they were but I think groceries so they went in that category.

We really need to watch our spending. Thus far, we've spent $183 this month. I think the only thing I need to pick up is milk for the week. I made a menu plan last week prior to shopping.

This is what's on the menu for this week:

Asian Beef & Noodles
Pork Chops & Stuffing with veggies
Homemade chicken noodle soup
Mac n cheese with broccoli
Chicken Alfredo

How is your grocery spending going?

5 comments:

  1. The homemade soup catches my eye. Would be perfect with the shivering cold weather we've been having here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It was 15 below this morning without the windchill! Chilly!

      Delete
  2. Last month, we actually hit our budget ($540), & came it at $499. Super impressive. This month, we're already at $330, and I know that the holidays will be very expensive. We'll be staying at our vacation house for part of the time, and it's expensive to stock up for a week. You need just enough that you have to buy almost everything, but not enough that you can realistically use it all. Luckily, we'll see my sister on our way to the airport, and she can make use of our leftovers, so nothing will have to go to the garbage.

    I'll be thrilled if we can stay under $600 for the month. I did do a bunch of cooking today, so we should have plenty for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With looming medical bills, we are really watching our budget this month. Keeping fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a mess in the kitchen, errrrrr I mean with budgeting for groceries. I had to up it to $125 a week for the three of us.

    ReplyDelete