Sunday, January 26, 2014

Another Adventure

We had our fourth blizzard in two weeks today and it wiped out our power about three hours ago. Our generator didn't kick on right away so Y jumped it with the battery out of his pick-up. It started so we do have lights but our furnace isn't kicking on. Our generator puts out 62 hertz and the furnace needs exactly 60. We do have a small space heater that us plugged in and working due to the generator.

I talked to the lady at the electric company and she said they were stopped by the police but would be out when the snowplows go out in the morning. I talked to the dispatch at the police station and she said they didn't stop the electric company. I told her that we do have a small heater. If it gets too cold in our house, she said to call back and they would send an emergency snowplow to get us out.

Lil Punk is already in her bed but we will move her into our bed and put the heater in there. Baby G will sleep in our bed too. I guess we got a king sized bed for a reason. I don't even want to think about how much propane we're burning with the generator. We have no choice but to leave it on all night.

Scary but kind of exciting. I hope my neighbors are okay.

6 comments:

  1. Stay safe and I hope you have your power back now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really awful. Hope you and your family are all okay and that the power has been restored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, I was feeling sorry for myself before I read your post. Not so anymore! Sounds like you're getting the run around regarding your electricity. Hope things are back to "normal" for you and your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our electricity was turned on around midnight last night. I'm so lucky to have a handy husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a winter! Glad you have your electricity back on and hopefully your house is all warmed up again!

    ReplyDelete