Sunday, January 5, 2014

Back to Work Soon

I go back to work on Friday and I'm looking forward to it. I love spending all day with my baby and cuddling with him but I'm eager to get back to my job. It will be a little over eight weeks that I've had off. It's been wonderful. I slept in with the baby, spent more time with my daughter, and just completely relaxed. I think this is the most relaxed that I've been since Y came home from Iraq.

At the same time, I'm feeling ready to go back to work. I love my job and really miss my coworkers. I like getting out of the house and having my own agenda, separate from my family.

I have a few things to take care of before I go back to work. I got the baby's birth certificate last week (for $26) and also need to get his immunization records for daycare. I still need to buy him bottles for daycare.

I'm not back in my normal work clothes yet but I did keep all of my dress pants after I had Lil Punk. Work shirts will actually be harder. I'm hoping to get by with what I have as I don't want to get too comfortable in this size.

Have a wonderful week!

12 comments:

  1. Nice, 1 day work week :) It's a good way to ease back into a working schedule. Hopefully this week won't be so cold outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is actually staying home with the little guy on Friday and hr starts daycare next week. It should warm up midweek but right now its just cold.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed having my job too and getting out of the house. I wasn't cut out for staying at home all of the time. Like that you just have to go in for 1 day this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm naturally a homebody so I need a job to regularly get out.

      Delete
  3. Geez, has 8 weeks gone by already?
    I'm glad I could stay home with the little ones fulltime but there were days(MANY days! lol)when I wish I had a working life outside of the house and was glad when they all were old enough to go to school. That was a good mix of "having kids home/having me free to pursue other activities" for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I went back to work after Lil Punk was born, I wanted to stay home. I think if I would have done that, I would be used to being home.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe it's been 8 weeks already! That is good that you are ready to go back to work, compared to the alternative of not wanting to (which makes the transition so much harder). When my inlaws had their first born, they only took 4 weeks! The second time around wasn't so short, though. Hope it's an easy transition! I hear the first few days are the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first few days are hard but I know the lady who will be taking care of the baby at the daycare center where he will be. She is awesome and I totally trust her. That makes it much easier to leave him.

      Delete
  5. I found the first few days to be really rough. I was ready to go back, mentally, but it's just hard to shift your life back onto a different schedule. The adjustment happens though. I'd like to move to part time at some point - that would be the perfect balance for me between spending time with the kids, having my own life & a bit more free time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a bit crazy going back to work because I'm still up 2-3 times per week but I have no idea when that will end. Lil Punk slept through the night at 5 weeks. I had no idea how lucky I was. I can see how part time would be advantageous.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you got some much deserved downtime. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete