Friday, January 10, 2014

First Day Back

Today was my first day back at work. Y stayed home with the baby today. I had a great day today. I was happy to see my coworkers and spent the better part of my day catching up with them. My boss took myself and another coworker out for lunch to celebrate me being back. She has been there for 27 years and had all three of her kids when she was employed there so she understands what its like to be a working mom.

I can't help but compare going back to my job now to when I went back after Lil Punk was born. I disliked my job then. My boss was a dickhead in his late 20's who thought he knew everything. I only took 6 weeks off because I felt I couldn't take any more time off. I often got phone calls at home on my leave. I was given a talking to the first week after I got back about achieving my sales goals. It sucked. And it sucked the life out of me. I was miserable and my parenting and marriage suffered. I wish I would have looked for a new job sooner.

I'm grateful to be where I'm at now. Have you ever been in a job you hated but couldn't really see the light until you left?

10 comments:

  1. So, so happy you are enjoying your return to work. It does make a huge difference.

    And, oh yes to your question! Oh, yes indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hate my current job but now I love it. I'm glad you had a good day back. I'm lucky having a boss that knows what it's like to be a working mom. I work my butt off, harder than most in my department (I know that sounds arrogant, but it's true.) But when my kids need me, my boss knows I'll be with them and she's fine with it and understands it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I hate the company I work for, not so much the job or the people. It's a very unstable working environment...I'm just thankful that my boss is so amazing. I think that when I leave this company I will realize how terrible everything actually was, or at least that's the hope haha. Grass is always greener, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and no. I hate working as an employee, but I love working as a freelancer even if it's for the same company. They treat you differently...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it went well!! :) Nice treat being taken out for lunch first day back too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you had a good first day back. From personal experience it does make it easier to leave your baby when you're going someplace you want to be and feel good about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent 11 years of my life giving my talent to a University that paid me no respect, beleive me I have hated my jobs before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad it went well for you! I worked in a bank for over 10 years but always knew I'd leave eventually. I worked there part-time while I got my degree and then headed to teacher's college. What a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your first day back went well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that you have an awesome boss. I have had to deal with a few dick-head bosses. One would scream in my face, I didn't last long there.

    ReplyDelete