Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Confession

My husband and I are swingers and we love it! Cheap entertainment!! Haha! Just kidding! My confession isn't that good ;-)

We bought blinds for the kids' bedrooms. We went to Lowe's and they were 20% off for the ones we wanted. I used my card to get another 5% off but will pay it right away when I get the bill. They ended up being $330 for the three blinds with tax. I know they're expensive but good quality blinds are expensive. Plus I refuse to have cords because many children hang themselves or get hurt on those cords.

Baby G's room is so much warmer now. He's actually able to sleep in his crib now. Our house is only a year old but its still amazing how cold the windows can be.

We also are getting a bit low on propane. I called to find out the price and its so expensive right now, $2.55 a gallon. Apparently there is a propane shortage. Anybody else on propane? How much is it there?

8 comments:

  1. I need to replace the big cordless cellular shade on our sliding glass door ... right now, it stays open if I rig it with rubber bands, but it can only be fully open or fully closed. I've been avoiding replacement because of the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better jump on that propane at that cost...we are at 5.50 a gallon in Iowa and it's spreading and rising even more! Good luck.
    Tebble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! I called on Monday and was told the 2.55 price. I just called and its now 4.30. We have enough propane to last to at least mid-February so I think we will hold off for now. Crazy!

      Delete
  3. You know, I never knew what swingers were. I thought they were talking about those playground swinging things. Imagine our CFO (who has a daughter 6 years younger than me) explain to me what it was because they were talking about a part of the town I was looking to move, which apparently, is famous for it. Not sure who was redder, him or me! Everyone else was just crying out of laughter.

    Anyway, back to the blinds. Yes, they can be expensive, but they can also make a difference with seasonal weather. Especially with a baby, dark, heavy blinds cover light so they can actually stay asleep. My brother had to buy those with their first born, and though they were expensive, they said it was worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to replace ALL the blinds in our house, they are originals and tacky! (90s cheap decor is SO not my style) but if I learned anything since we bought the house its to do things one thing at a time and SAVE for them. I don't want to go into anymore consumer debt just for fancier stuff. Glad to hear baby G is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go get three of those milk house heaters and plug them into rooms that I use all the time. They are cheap to run and can heat a whole room. We did this when we were on oil heat. Electric heaters will be cheaper in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We spent a huge amount of money on window coverings when we bought our home and it was about $3800 when everything was said and done. We have large, floor to ceiling windows in the front rooms (8 of those), extra wide windows in the bedrooms (3 of those), and one extra large slider in the master bedroom, so it really added up quickly. But they were worth every penny.

    When I read swingers I immediately envisioned some circus trapeze type gym. How fun, I thought! Then I realized you were having fun with more mainstream meaning of the term. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you!! I agree that there is no price that is too high for our children's safety! :) I spent $1K almost on a new home security system for the very same reason! :)

    ReplyDelete