Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Low Spend January Week 1

I did not do very well for the first week. I did have 4 no spends but the other three days were expensive. We spent $172.65 on groceries. $50 of that was Y buying food for his lunches. He brings leftovers some days but prefers to buy frozen convenience food and leave it at work. To be honest, I'm thinking he's not going to change this. Marriage is about compromise, right?

We spent $64.52 on everything else. $26 was for the baby's birth certificate. I need it to start him in daycare. I consider this a necessity. The remaining money is actually for eating out. We forgot that we told Lil Punk that we could eat at McDonalds on New Years Day. She didn't forget. We also ate out another time at Subway while we were waiting for my car to be done. It wasn't good planning on my part. I had two screaming kids and we were all starving.

I need to buy some groceries today but will likely wait until Y gets home to go out. It's still cold here and I hate taking the baby out. I have been eating nonstop. I'm still losing about 1-2 pounds a week which is where I want to be but I'm starving. I am eating 4 smaller meals a day plus several healthy snacks.

The reason I think I've been so hungry is that the baby seems to just suck it all out of me. I weighed him last night and he weighs 17 pounds. He will be 2 months next week. Lil Punk was a fat baby also but only weighed 15 pounds at 2 months. She slimmed down between 9 months to a year. I'm sure this baby will do the same when he starts crawling and walking.

In good news, after today we are supposed to have 8 days with the temperature above 0. Woohoo!!

How was your week?

14 comments:

  1. Above 0? Dig out the shorts and tank tops!lol
    Look at DH's frozen entrees for lunch like this.....while it's not saving you money compared to always taking leftovers, it IS cheaper than him eating out for lunch. And it keeps him happy. I'd call that a win. 8-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. He also never eats out and I tend to eat out a couple times a month for lunch when I'm working.

      Delete
  2. So you can go outside and it does not hurt to breath? E-gads my last 2 weighted 15 and 16 lbs when they were a year old! Okay I have midgets. I remember just getting so hungry when I was nursing, don't worry about your weight it will come off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I gather that you are rather petite so your kids are too. Lil Punk weighed 15 pounds at 2 months and only 21 pounds at a year. I'm guessing Baby will be like that.

      Delete
  3. Having frozen entrees at work also offers variety and greatly reduces the temptation to eat out. You don't state how long $50 of frozen entrees lasts, but for me that would be at least 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $50 in frozen food and other munchies will last him ar least 2 weeks, if not a month.

      Delete
  4. I think you have to cut yourself some slace with a new baby... especially with breastfeeding! You're always starving when your little one depends on your for his food too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I knew what you meant. I always post from my phone so I have a ton of typos.

      Delete
  6. LOL on Lil Punk not forgetting about McDonald's ... kids never forget the important stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? You actually fins our how smart they are when it benefits them.

      Delete
  7. I felt like that too when I breast fed.
    I actually think that it is a good thing that Y buys lunches and stores them at work. That is so much cheaper than going out to eat because he has nothing. I would put that in the win column. See isn't that better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you all are making me feel better :)

      Delete
  8. You're eating all the time and still losing 1-2 lbs a week?! I need to have another baby lol! You're doing great and I bet once back to work full time (you are now right?) you'll lose even more!

    ReplyDelete