Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Misc.

This has been the most exhausting week that I can remember. I worked all week and needed to be up at 5:30 to get the kiddos out the door to be at work at 8. I have trouble functioning on 5-6 hours of sleep a night so I need to be better about managing my sleep schedule.

To top off my tiring week, I went out for a bachelorette party last night. It was so much fun to see some of my high school friends and catch up. It was a pretty low key party. I'm so happy for my friend that she is getting married again. Her first husband died in his early 30's from a massive heart attack.

The first week of daycare went okay for the baby. I go nurse him on my lunch hour which I love. He will not take a bottle well yet. It is nice having both of my kids in one daycare. Lil Punk goes to give the baby kisses a few time throughout the day.

In other news, Y has started studying for his master plumbing test. Right now he works under a master plumber but that guy hasn't been at work since July due to severe mental health issues. It is expected that this guy will retire or go on disability soon. If Y got his job, it would be a $10-15,000 pay increase. I'm not holding my breath as its a lot of what ifs.

Both Y and I are off tomorrow for the holiday. I need the extra day to sleep and clean my house.

Have a good week!

11 comments:

  1. So nice that you can go & nurse baby on your break... :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't planning on nursing him at lunch so that's a nice surprise. Hope you have a wonderful week too, Carla!

      Delete
  2. Get some rest! I remember that first year being a complete blur, due to lack of sleep. Hope you get a chance to rest! And, fingers crossed on your husband's job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got so much sleep the first two months that its hard to deal with now. Your boys are so close in age that I'm sure it was tough.

      Delete
  3. You definitely need the rest! What a joy to get snuggles during the day! I really hope things work out with your husband's job - working with mental health issues is difficult at times. I have a child with issues, so I know the ins and outs of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love snuggles during the day! His mental health issues are really bad. I'm hoping that he can get something figured out soon.

      Delete
  4. I remember that kind of exhaustion. Right down to your cells. Hope you get a chance to rest and things go smoothly for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so exhausted that I took three small naps today. I don't know how I would do it as a single mom.

      Delete
  5. Spend some time today just relaxing...don't try and make up for everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you can nurse your baby during your lunch - being able to have to connect like that must really help you get through your day. I can only imagine how tired you must be though, rest as often as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you get caught up on your sleep. That was the one thing that I just couldn't handle was little to no sleep.
    Den's Aunt just had her 3rd baby. She has a 4 day old, a 2 year old, and a 5 yr old. She was home one day with the new baby, tripped on a rug, dislocated her knee and is now in a knee brace and using a walker. UGH, seems like a new kind of hell.

    ReplyDelete