Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Post Presidents Day Post

Both Y and I were off yesterday due to Presidents Day so we bundled up both kiddos and took them outside. Lil Punk held Baby G in her lap and we pulled them around the yard in her sled. Baby G just laid there and opened his eyes once in awhile but the sun was really bright. It was 32 here yesterday and felt like spring. One can only hope that spring is right around the corner.

We also had to break down and buy propane. We purchased 200 gallons at 2.95 a gallon. There is a $20 discount for paying cash in the next 3 days so I will drop that payment of $590 off today. I wish we could've waited for a better propane price but we only had 6% left in our 1000 gallon tank.

We set a grocery budget of $400 for this month and I'm determined to stick with it. After picking up a few things yesterday, we have $64 left for the month. We will make it. Y seems to be on board also.

Daycare is going up. For both kids, it will be $1055 a month. They're so expensive and so worth it. The cost of daycare sure does put a damper on having another one though. Daycare will go down to $800 a month in September when Lil Punk starts school. Both kids go to a Catholic church daycare and Lil Punk attends preschool there. They want to meet with us to discuss her going to school there next year. I already enrolled her in public kindergarten. The schools in our area are very good so I don't see the point in paying for private school.

I'm still feeding Baby G at lunch during the week. I love this. Its made the transition of going back to work so much easier. I still pump twice a day at work though. We have a mothers' lounge where I can go. My employer is very accommodating, especially because I never talked to anybody about pumping. For the record, its the law that I can pump so I don't need to ask for permission.

I hope everybody had a nice holiday and have a fabulous week!

10 comments:

  1. Yes day care does hit hard, but soon Lil Punk will be in school full time and it will go down. Also baby rates are higher than toddler rates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The daycare expense will go down with time. I need to just enjoy the time when they are little :)

      Delete
  2. Do you have full day kindergarten? Will she be going to before/after school care?

    Daycare is very expensive. Glad you have been able to still nurse since you went back to work. Hope your supply is holding up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is full day kindergarten but the $800 figure is for before and after school and on closed days.

      LOL I have so much milk. I could feed 3 babies quite easily. If I had lived 200 years ago, my dream job would be to be a wet nurse so I could sit on my butt all day, burn an extra 600 calories and feed babies all day long. Nursing is so natural to me. I'm very lucky:)

      Delete
  3. I hope my employer in the future lets me pump at work or is just as accommodating.

    Daycare here in Canada runs about $250 a week I believe. More if your kid is younger...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Canadian employers have to deal with nursing mamas as much since you all get so long for maternity leave. Hmm? Daycare is expensive bit so be it.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun day with the kids. Ours is a small firm, and our accommodation for a mother's lounge was to put an end table and comfy chair in the shower room. We have thus far had only one breastfeeding mother, so if we ever grew to where we had more than one we might need to rethink our accommodations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you put a comfy chair in there. :)

      Delete
  5. It seems like you have everything under control. But if you do need extra cash just take Den to court for child support. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard much about "pumping" at work here in Canada and I think it is because we can take at least a year @ 60% pay. I know I nursed for 8 months and then her little teeth were getting a bit too rough on me :) Sure loved it while it lasted though - it's just the greatest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete