Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Financials 3/7/14

This has been a super busy week. I had a work trip for three days, two nights. I left on Tuesday morning and got back yesterday afternoon. When I saw Baby G in the swing in his daycare room, he smiled at me right away. I almost started crying when I picked him up. It's crazy how I can miss a little baby the most when he doesn't even talk yet. Y handled everything well when I was gone but he definitely missed me. It always feels good to be appreciated.

I charged my room on my Amex Blue because I will request the last $200 in credit from signing up for that card. I will still be reimbursed the full amount from my company. I will also be reimbursed for mileage so I will be able to put away a bit into savings.

I went to the store to pick up my gun last weekend. I instead opted to take a gift card for the same value, $323. We bought snowshoes and a life jacket for Baby G. I still have $130 left on the card that I will likely use for a new bathing suit or clothes.

I was in the top group for sales so management took us out to a fancy dinner. I had a delicious filet and a couple martinis. I was feeling pretty good:). I also received a $1000 gift card that can be redeemed at many different stores.  I would like to use it towards our new front porch.

We priced out a composite front porch/deck last weekend at Menards. It was $3600. I didn't like the color options they had though. Y wants a two tone colored deck but I don't know. Since he picked out most of the finishings for our house and I love how it looks, I should just trust him. Y will likely build the deck himself.

This post is a little convoluted but I'm just going to publish it. I've went back to it 4-5 times already.

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome that they allowed you to get a gift card instead of the gun (though the gun sounded kind of cool too!). Snowshoeing is awesome! I have gone only a few times here in Utah but I own my own pair now so I'm hoping to go more next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The auction they had around here that had guns also allowed you to get a giftcard instead of a gun if that wasn't your thing. It was just a portion of the value, however, but a nice alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice that you were able to get a gc instead of the gun, also the $1000 gc is awesome! Wish my company gave away stuff like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Convoluted is good. You are doing so well, I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gift card heaven! Those little extras sure come in handy - congrats! And yes, there's nothing, NOTHING, better than your baby's smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, at my job, there was once a bonus in six years that was legendary! I believe it was around $100 and a hot dog bbq, lol! $1,000 gc as incentive is awesome!

    ReplyDelete