Sunday, March 30, 2014

Vacationing with Credit Card Points

I booked a trip this morning for our whole family to Florida for 6 days and 5 nights in January 2015. It included airfare and hotel. This was all booked with 120,000 credit card points from our US Bank rewards travel card. We have used this card for all purchases for the past two years and it paid off. We have never paid interest on it either.

We only have 15,000 points left but I will continue to use it for our next vacation.

I'm so excited. I love vacationing and we haven't taken a family vacation in 4 years.

We are staying in Kissimmee. I know we will rent a car so we can get around (hopefully with points). Any suggestions? Lil Punk will be 5 and Baby G will be about 14 months old.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Maybe we'll see you down there. Our whole family (me, DH, DD and fiance, DS and girlfriend) are headed to Orlando in January 2015 as well for a series of marathons DH and DS are participating in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! Way to make your credit card points work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun. Usually when we are in that area it's to go to Universal Studios or Disney and that's about all we do except for sit by the pool a day or two if we are lucky enough to get some hot weather while we are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I keep accumulating my CC points, though I'm still not sure where or when to use it. It may eventually become an EF of its own! Right now, I only have a combined $250, which isn't much, but it is "free money" in a way. I've never paid interest on either of these cards, which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's incredible! We collect Air Miles, but I never book travel using it because after all the fees and taxes it doesn't feel like we're actually saving anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed and so happy for you!!!! It feels like a huge gift when you can get it for free too.
    I do the same thing and I don't pay interest either. I LOVE working the system!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting! Really nice that you were able to book this with credit card points! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Very impressed that you were able to book the whole trip with points. I feel accomplished if I can manage plane tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! That's incredible! DH and I talk about getting a rewards card occasionally, but have never actually done it. That's a long flight. Hopefully G does well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The information about the Debt is pretty amazing and the article is also pretty amazing. I want to read this information with my friends. Thanks for sharing this article.
    Debt Collection Singapore

    ReplyDelete