Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Financials

I decided to wait on paying off my car. It is at 0% so time is not of the essence other than wanting to be debt free (besides the mortgage). I decided to wait because I'm not sure how my commission checks will be.

The number one rule for budgeting with commissions is not to spend them before you have it completely sold. My May was going to be pretty good but kind of fell apart. I will know more after this coming week.

I did buy Y an awesome laser level for his birthday to the tune of $320. He loved it but it wasn't working correctly and got terrible reviews. I returned it for him and he is buying good quality work boots instead. I'm guessing those will cost around $150-200. He can spend the rest on something else he wants.

My breast pump broke today. Sigh... It's a good thing we live in a small town so I can leave work to nurse Baby G. I just ran over there a couple times today instead of pumping. I was going to buy a used pump off of Craigslist but my mother in law's coworker had hers for sale. I bought it for $50 and will just use all my tubing and parts. I did think about stopping but I'm not quite there yet and I would have to supplement with formula.

I did a little shopping last night at Kohls.com. I love that online store. Lil Punk needed shorts and tees. I like Kohls discounts. I can get better deals there than at the local used kids store.

We have a relaxing weekend planned. We do have two graduation parties tomorrow. I also want to plant most of my garden.

What do you have planned for the long weekend?

7 comments:

  1. I was curious as to why you would decide to do about the car, glad you have come to a decision. No big plans for the weekend, but I really want to work on a final design for the deck so we can start pricing materials and update the budget. The project has expanded, so the prior budget is going to be short. Other than that, we have no particular plans and I really love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still planning on building our deck is summer too. One more thing to add to the list.

      Delete
  2. Which pump are you using? I'm using the Ameda Purely Yours, very generously given to me by a friend (she bought it 10 years ago and has been lending / giving it out to her friends ever since).

    I won't be stopping pumping until he can eat solids.. I loathe the idea of giving Baby Bun formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Medela pump. I'm not anti formula but I prefer breastfeeding Baby G.

      Delete
  3. Can you invest in a better quality pump then resell after you're done to recoup some of the cost? I'd avoid formula at all costs personally... hope it all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a Medela before which is a good pump but mine just happened to break. I want to avoid formula too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Call Medela! They have great customer service. And if you do wind up needing formula at any point, I have had great success with Taregt's brand.

    ReplyDelete