Monday, June 30, 2014

July 2014 Grocery Challenge

I have noticed that our grocery expenditures have been steadily creeping up these last couple of months. It could be that we are now buying baby food, the cost of food is going up, or the summer when I love cooking. I don't care why. I just want to keep my spending to $500 this month. That will cover three meals a day for all of us.

I'm going to track my spending and blog about it on a regular basis this month. Our month starts today because it is our payday.

I spent $29 on cheese, salad dressing, brats, buns, and juice. All except the buns were a good sale so we stocked up a bit. We have $471 left for the month which seems like a lot but will go so fast if I let it.

Anybody care to join me?

5 comments:

  1. After my replenishing of our food due to our fridge/freezer outage, we were way over in June also. I need to carefully plan July so we stay on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've definately noticed the same trend in our grocery bill as well. Summer BBQ's are delicious but all that meat is expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went nuts on our grocery budget last month... going to try and keep it down in July! Aiming for $300 or less =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do that for sure. I get paid tomorrow, so I'll start with a clean slate. It's been way too nuts with my purchases recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every month is a grocery challenge for me. lolz

    ReplyDelete