Sunday, June 22, 2014

New Tiller

We bought a tiller yesterday, a Honda 4 cycle. It was $375 with tax.

I left the research up to Y because I don't have the patience for that but I wanted the best tiller for our needs. We have heavy clay soil so that eliminated the mini tillers. We didn't want anything huge because I wanted to be able to use it. The Honda we got had great reviews and we have had luck with Honda small engines in the past.

I used it today in my regular garden. It worked great but the vibrations bothered my hands. I will have to use gloves when I use it. After tilling the entire garden, I weeded a few rows. It's so much easier to just weed around the veggies than the entire garden.

It was an expensive purchase but I love gardening and I'm able to cut our grocery budget tremendously for a few months of the year. I don't think that I will have any regrets about our latest purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment