Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Update

I haven't posted all week even though I've thought of writing something several times. It was kind of a hard week. One of my best friends miscarried on Sunday and it seemed to put me in a funk. She only told me a couple weeks ago that they were expecting and I was so excited for them. They have one child and have been trying for years to get pregnant. They had just gotten approved to be adoptive parents and are just waiting to get picked when she got pregnant. It's just so hard to watch somebody you love who wants a baby so bad when there are parents who could care less that they are going to be parents and drink or do drugs throughout their pregnancy.

Right now I'm chilling on the couch watching the morning news. I have the day off to take Lil Punk school shopping. She is still sleeping so I'm just catching up on blogs, balancing my checkbook, checking Twitter, just relaxing. It's a little unreal that Lil Punk just turned 5 and starts school in less than two weeks. After shopping today, I'm dropping her off with Y's parents to go to the lake for the weekend. I'm looking forward to spending the whole day with her.

Lil Punk and I had dental appointments this week. I need a crown. I do have very good dental insurance but my out of pocket would still be $438. I might wait until after the first of the year so I can flex more for 2015.

Last weekend we had Lil Punk's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. It was not frugal but it was fun. Total spent was $103. Honestly it was nice to not worry about getting ready, hosting and cleaning up. Plus, it was fun. The kids loved it.

Our daycare bill goes down starting in September to only $800 per month. I also won't be paying for preschool so that is a savings of $85 monthly. Combined that is $340. Y's annual raise also went through and is $80 net monthly.

Also, Y said I could quit my job if we paid off our mortgage. Some days it is tempting. We only owe $204k. He said we could just work part time jobs. Maybe we could buckle down for a few years and get it paid. Haha!

Off to go shopping with my big little girl!

4 comments:

  1. We owe 110k on our mortgage and it seems as if it is going to take forever to pay off. We refinanced after we moved in twice and that put us behind. oh well, someday.
    Enjoy your day of fun and shopping. I miss when I would take Anna. I don't miss taking DJ, he was a crab. She is coming in for the weekend. Her room has become storage so I'm not sure where I will put her. Maybe the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your friend. Having been there myself, I know this is a tough time.

    Is Lil Punk excited about Big Girl School? Hope you have a fun day shopping...maybe lunch too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your friend that is so hard. I just remember Lil Punk as a baby. What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your friend... :(

    Parties where someone else does the clean up are always the best kind of parties! ;) lol!!

    ReplyDelete