Monday, September 22, 2014

Celebratory Dinner

Y and I went out on Saturday night to celebrate our retirement milestone.  We went out for dinner with two other couples and went to a concert. It was so much fun.  Y's folks watched the kiddos and we went there after dinner to feed Baby G.  We walked to their neighbors' house to get the kids.  One of the ladies there asked us where we were going.  When I replied that we were going to the concert at the Fireman's Ball, she gave me tickets.  That saved us $20 and it was BYOB so a cheap night.  I had so much fun hanging out with friends.  I had forgotten why we don't do that more often until the next morning.  I wasn't hungover as I only had one drink but was super tired from going to bed at 12:30 and waking up at 6.

We are going to make it a point to go out at least once a month.  I think that is reasonable.

Happy week!

3 comments:

  1. We shoot for once a month as well. Don't always make it, but when we go out, we always have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can count on one hand the number of times we went out when the kids were little....make sure you do make an effort to do something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu more than deserve some fun!!!

    ReplyDelete