Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday Money Post

Tomorrow is our payday.  Have I ever mentioned that I don't care for having the same payday as Y?  I wish our paydays were spread out so we could have income coming in more than twice a month.

I looked up my paycheck amount today and Y's is always the same.  I deducted the amount for daycare ($800), for our savings account for irregular expenses ($200) and for the Lowes card ($373) to pay for our blinds in full.  I paid $300 earlier in the month for our Lowes card.  I just got the bill today but I often pay ahead of the bill.  I will also put $400 into savings tomorrow.

I've made a couple payments for the pickup and that now stands at $14,500.  Our investment account is at $11,000.  Prior to year end, I would like the investment account to be $20,000 or at least more than the pickup loan.  I don't regret making regular payments on the pickup while chunking more of our money into investments.  I can't wait to get a sizable amount in there that will actually grow.

I was hoping that my 401k would top 50k this month but it looks like it won't make it.  While that's a bit disappointing, it is better to buy shares at a discount.

I still have to total all spending for September but I think it should be pretty good.  I had quite a bit of grocery spending this past week so we start October with a full pantry and fridge.  I'm also focusing on using up all garden produce.  My tomato plants are still producing like mad.  Everything else has pretty much wrapped up at this point.  I'm already tentatively planning for next year's garden.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing great! My tomato plants are gone! Sad, sniff..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have loved our garden this year and it's saved us quite a bit of money. Ready for next years!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow and steady on the savings. You'll get there. (I <3 Payday)

    ReplyDelete