Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Stay at Home Day

I am at home today with Lil Punk because she threw up last night.  However, looking at her now, one would never guess she was sick last night.  We have had fun today.  We've snuggled on the couch, colored pictures, sent Daddy a cute picture text, and been a whole lot of silly.  She told me that she likes being sick so she can stay home with me.  I do miss our quality time together.

We are going to Y's folk's house for Thanksgiving.  I'm bringing black and green olives with a corn dish made with homegrown frozen corn.  It should be good.  Thanksgiving is very nice at their house--no yelling or getting mad, no panic about the food.  Everything is very relaxed with good food, football and a nap.  My mother-in-law will take my kids while I nap afterwards.  I think she likes having the individual time with them.

I have a pretty good start on my Christmas shopping.  I still need to get a gift for Y but I think I will get it on Black Friday online.  I'm looking at getting him Beats headphones. I do also want to get a large black sled for the kids.  I need to sit down and make a list.

We are working on eating the rest of our beef before we get more next month.  I have a roast in the Crock pot today.  Then we only have 7 pounds of hamburger and a couple packages of steaks left.  I'm trying to spend less on groceries so I can build up some cash to help out with the price of the beef.

I've been thinking about goals for 2015 already.  This next month will fly by.  Anybody else thinking about the new year yet?

1 comment:

  1. I am just trying to get through 2014. lolz

    I'll probably start working on(thinking about)what 2015 the week between Xmas and New Years after I get the 2014 year end accounting done.
    Have a nice Thanksgiving at your in-laws! Drama-free holidays are the best! 8-)

    ReplyDelete