Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014

I started Christmas eve off by working until 1.  When I came home, I took a nap.  When I got up, we opened presents with just our family.  The kiddos were very excited.  I received a long down dress coat with a fur collar, exactly what I wanted.  I gave Y a helmet for the new 4-wheeler.  He loved the style but needs a smaller size.  We then made the scallops, King crab legs and fresh pasta with sauce.  When I had asked Lil Punk previously what she wanted for Christmas dinner, she had replied that she wanted ravioli, meaning the canned Chef Boyardee ravioli.  The fresh spinach ravioli was my compromise.

On Christmas morning, we took our time going through our stockings and the Santa gifts for the kids.  We had a lazy morning and then were off to Y's folks house for a noon dinner.  We spent the rest of the day at their house.  They gave us a Kitchenaid mixer.  It is so nice.  And so expensive.  I seem to be the only one who wishes that they would cut back at Christmas.  My mother-in-law is retiring in 3 months at age 59 and I'm worried that they won't have enough to sustain their lifestyle.  Overall, it was a good time at their house.  I even snuck in a quick nap with Baby G.

Today my BFF and her mom made the 3 hour trip to visit me.  They brought me our half beef and we had a wonderful visit.  Her mom made me a quilted throw.  I'm so grateful because I know how much work goes into quilting (and money).  We had coffee and snacked on pomegranate.  I so wish that I loved closer to them.  We chatted about our plans for our gardens next year.  Her mom is taking classes to become a master gardener and I would like to do that at some point too.

I did take Baby G into the doctor today because he keeps pulling on his ears, 10 days after he's been on medication for a double ear infection.  Turns out that he just likes to pull on his ears.  I felt a little foolish but I felt like a terrible mom before when I learned he had a double ear infection and impetigo.

Y and I have been talking about our plans and goals for the new year.  That will be another post.

How was your Christmas?

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful Christmas together, minus the doctor trip. What a bonus to get to visit your BFF and her mom. What colour kitchenaid did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's slate gray so it will match my appliances. I feel so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day! We had a nice Christmas as well. We don't really get crazy - each kid gets a few gifts & a few treats for their stocking. My husband bought me socks (my request :-)) & new shoes. I never buy myself shoes, & he has great taste, so it's a good choice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitchenaid Mixer! I never understood the hype until we got one as a wedding present: definitely our most used appliance in the kitchen. What an awesome and thoughtful present to receive. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, better safe than sorry when it comes to babies and their "illnesses" - I'm glad it was nothing serious :) I bought myself one of those mixers and really enjoy all that it can do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the year our second daughter wanted a Mc Donalds hamburger for Christmas eve dinner. We got her one and the rest of us ate seafood. So happy you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete