Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Vacation Recap

We got back yesterday from our Florida vacation and we had a great time.  It was so relaxing to hang out with my family without an agenda.  We had a few things that we wanted to do but nothing rock solid or on a schedule.  We did end up doing a lot of things.  Here are the highlights.

We went on a swamp tour on an airboat and saw a ton of alligators, probably around 25-30.  Some were very big, at least 11-12 feet.  The water was colder than the sun so they were sunning themselves.  We also saw other wildlife like birds and turtles.  It was very neat to see them in their natural habitat.

We went to Magic Kingdom, aka Disney World.  Disney knows how to do stuff right.  We had a blast taking in the street parades, light show, rides, and overall decor.  We waited over an hour so Lil Punk could see Elsa and Anna.  She was so excited.

We went to Cocoa Beach and I saw the ocean for the first time.  It was beautiful.  We loved it there.  We actually drove over to Cocoa Beach twice because we liked it so much.  I could definitely live on the beach.

We also went to the world's largest McDonald's, went to downtown Disney, went shopping and swam in the heated pool every day.  It was so much fun.

We rented a car to get around.  I wanted GPS so I upgraded to a 2015 Tahoe.  It was super fun to drive and very comfortable for the 4 of us.  As much as I liked that car, there is no way I would pay $45-50,000 for one.

The challenges were flying with children.  Baby G had 3 terrible poops on the flight home.  Ugghh!!  He also had a habit of digging through the garbage in the room to try to get a snack.  Neither kid was on the tight sleeping schedule that we keep at home.  Going out to eat at restaurants with a 1 year old was very difficult.  When Baby G sits down to eat, he demands food right away, not in 20 minutes.  This makes dining out at a normal restaurant pretty much impossible.

I will do a financial post about the cost of the trip soon but we were under budget at least ;). I just think that I may have over budgeted in my zest for vacation.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it went well. Now I am super excited about our air boat ride in November! Eating with kids gets easier quickly. I love it that we don't have to stick to a schedule anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the vacation turned out well. Other than the plane travel (so challenging with small children!) it sounds like an amazing, relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Little R was 6 months old, my mom and I took the girls to Florida to visit my grandpa. On the way home, the flight kept getting delayed. They let us board first so I could sit and nurse once the plane was able to board. Little R was screaming and screaming until she threw up all over me. Then she was a perfect angel the rest of the 2 hour flight that I was covered in spit up. Fun times.

    I'm glad you had such a good time. Eating out does get a lot easier with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a nice time, yes traveling with a baby is a highlight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome to hear that the trip was great. You guys did a lot plus had a relaxing time... that's a total win!

    ReplyDelete