Saturday, February 28, 2015

Comp Plan Change

I'm in sales and compensation plans are always changing.  Mine is changing as of next month.  I probably should be happy but I'm not.  The new plan has a higher incentive for higher sales but lowers our guarantee.  I've never had to rely on my guarantee.  Furthermore, with the new plan, I would have made an additional $9000 last year.  I guess this is further reason that we need to live far below our income so we can offset any unexpected income changes.

On a lighter topic, I'm making dark beer beef stew today with carrots, parsnips, and new potatoes.  I'm using Amber Bock to make the sauce.  It should be delicious!  Has anybody ever made dark beer stew?

10 comments:

  1. Guinness has graced many a bowl of Irish stew in my house.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stew turned out delicious. We are even marinating steak today in beer because we were so inspired.

      Delete
  2. Let's hope the change works out for the better for you. I would really have a hard time with variable income. That's why I really disliked when my DH was self employed. It was so hard to budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We budget on my guarantee and that likely won't change. We are a two income household so we do have some flexibility.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I could ever work in sales. The whole commission thing woul stress me out. Since you are a high performer sounds like this will work out in your favor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might but I'm hoping that enough of us speak up that they will change it.

      Delete
  4. wow. $9000. That is a huge amount of could have been. But onwards to the new year. Do you set your commission aside for savings or debt goals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My commissions go to our savings and paying down debt usually. They also go to home improvements and other big projects.

      Delete
  5. It seems like theses sorts of things are always being tinkered with ...hopefully, this change works out in your favor for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the crazy part. I don't like this change but it will likely help me make more money.

      Delete