Sunday, February 22, 2015

Life Update

I've neglected this blog lately, largely due to being busy and not focused on any financial matters.  I've done a bit is shopping in the last month or two.  We still haven't bought new loving room furniture.  Our savings is sitting at $11,100 currently.  My commission check for month was the lowest that its been for a long time.  That's what I get for going on vacation last month.  This month has been much better so my check next month will be better.

We've had a number of expenses that have been cash flowed this year: vacation, dental work, and propane.  After last year's exorbitant propane prices, I contracted 400 gallons at $1.89 a gallon.  The price dropped to $1.59 so my hedge set me back about $100.  But if I would have hedged last year, I would have been ahead about $800.  I guess you just never know.

We had Y's folks over yesterday for an impromptu dinner.  His grandpa also came and had tacos for the first time ever.  He liked tacos but I can't believe he's never had them before.

We have an easygoing day today.  The weather is cold like the rest of the country, 16 below, 41 below with the wind chill.  I'm going to bake a whole chicken.  Lil Punk has skating lessons later so I will bring her to that.  I should also return a few items to a friend of mine and give her some of my baby things as she's expecting.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Never had tacos?! Glad he liked them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Tacos are our go to meal. We have tacos at least twice a month and we all like them. We buy the jumbo taco seasoning.

      Delete
  2. I love the fact that you report the cold weather as normal because it is for that part of the country. I also remember skating lessons in the Dakotas. I still have a box full of skate in the garage. I just can't give up memories of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to the cold sadly. But its been cold everywhere. My friend in Nashville said it was below zero there.

      Delete
  3. Propane - you win some you lose some! The price will average out over time.

    ReplyDelete