Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Online Shopping

This morning at work I did a bit of online shopping.  I spent around $115 on seeds and plants for my garden.  I buy certain things online that I can't find here.  I bought 5 types of cucumber seeds, apple, burpless, pickling and white cucumbers.  I bought at least 6 types of pumpkins, Lady Godiva, moon, Kaikai, warty pumpkins and regular ones for Jack o Lanterns.  I bought 3 types of potatoes, red, yellow and fingerling ones.  I also bought sweet potato plants for the first time.  Persian carrots, Indian corn, parsnips and peas were also purchased.  I also bought Walla Walla onions.  I also bought a couple melons like Minnesota Midget and a short maturity cantaloupe.

I will still need to buy more of the ordinary seeds like spinach, corn, radishes, beans, okra and beets.  I will also go to the local nursery to buy tomatoes, several types of peppers, eggplant, cabbage, celery, broccoli and cauliflower.  I also want to buy several plants of fresh herbs.

I know I spend a lot on my garden and I don't feel guilty about it at all.  Gardening is my hobby that relaxes me and feeds my family (at least somewhat). I like planting new things and seeing how they turn our or don't.

Do you garden?  Are you itching to get your hands dirty?  What's the most unique thing you plant?

13 comments:

  1. I would love to learn to grow a garden.......except I really don't like eating vegetables, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You could grow pumpkins to decorate.

      Delete
  2. We don't garden anymore, but purple tomatoes. I love tomatoes, so we used to grow a bunch of varieties. When we get our house in the woods, I plan on a HUGE garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomatoes are my favorite food and I especially love homegrown ones!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could garden. Despite having two grandmothers who won state recognition for their ability to garden I have a black thumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought until I started growing food.

      Delete
  4. As you know I love yard work, just have too much of it. Love to garden. When your post read shopping on line I thought it was for clothes and I thought oh goody what has she bought? Please don't wear the seeds to work you will be under dressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I will probably dream about that now.

      Delete
  5. I don't garden myself, but we will be working on updating the landscaping this summer! I'm definitely looking forward to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boyfriend grows tomatoes outside via hydroponics which basically means i get to look at Home Depot homer buckets all summer long since he's cheap and didn't want to buy a premade set up. He also planted some onions in dirt This year so we'll see if those grow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love to garden! My yard is just too small to accomplish anything of any significance. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to about moving back to my home town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Đồng hồ thời trang nữ Q&Q chính hãng giá rẻ nhất tại tphcm
    Đồng hồ Q&Q giá rẻ chất lượng uy tín, mẫu thiết kế trang nhã, sành điệu hợp thời trang khi đeo vào tay các bạn nữ tạo nên sự sang trọng thoải mái khi đeo . Giá của đồng hồ Q&Q thật hấp dẫn, máy của đồng hồ chính hãng Citizen Nhật Bản. Bảo hành 1 năm toàn cầu , thay pin miễn phí suốt đời.

    Mọi chi tiết xin liên hệ mua đồng hồ tại
    Hotline : 0903 342 251 (Mr. Hùng) - 0912 355 503 (Ms.Mai)
    Head Office : (08) 3775 0679 – (08) 3775 0680
    Trung tâm sửa chữa bảo hành Queen Watch
    Địa Chỉ : 242 Trần Hưng Đạo, Quận 1, Tphcm – Tel : (08) 38368133
    Xem thêm chi tiết tại : đồng hồ thời trang nư chính hãng Q&Q giá rẻ tại tphcm hoặc dong ho thoi trang nu chính hãng Q&Q gia re tai tphcm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got beans, peas, lettuce, dill, parsley, marjoram, & banana peppers going along with 6 different types of tomatoes....fingers crossed. I'm already seeing quite a bit of green though since it has been so hot around here.

    ReplyDelete