Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Changing My Attitude

I had a mini epiphany last Friday at work.  I was super busy and received a phone call from another coworker.  I was so crabby that I snapped at him over the phone.  I do pride myself on being professional at work so this was especially embarrassing and a wake up call.  This past month I've felt like nothing was going my way at work.  I was having support issues and a host of other work related problems.  This had even contributed to insomnia.

After losing it on Friday, I did email a quick apology and decided I needed to change my entire attitude.  My job doesn't suck.  I like it.  I probably need to handle the stress better but if I put my best attitude forward, only good things can happen because of it.  That's not to say that I won't still have the typical work issues of being in a high stress work environment but I don't have to let that ruin my attitude.

I will have a better attitude moving forward!!

6 comments:

  1. We've all had (and regretted) those moments. Good for you to reflect on it, apologize and move forward with a positive attitude. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is hard sometimes and it's easy to let things consume us if we don't make an effort to keep things in line... i've been there, done that as well. Hope you get some sleep and things look up for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you. Changing one's attitude is both the hardest thing to do and the most rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of th most difficult that I have been trying to overcome myself - changing of attitude. Can get done though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching the Frozen Four semis right now as UND takes on Boston. Thought of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to keep a happy attitude but sometimes it just runs away from me....

    ReplyDelete