Saturday, April 25, 2015

Saturday Cooking

I feel like we've been so busy during the week lately that we have not been eating as well as we could be.  We have been eating easier meals with more precooked components.  The key to eating better during the week for us is making more meals on the weekend or having a meal ready to throw in the crockpot.

Last night I made stuffed shells with ricotta and beef.  I made corn chili for lunch.  I am defrosting T-bones streaks for tonight and I will make an asparagus pasta salad to go with it.  I have a whole chicken thawing for tomorrow.  I will make a delicious lemon and butter chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies.  I need to plan for another crockpot meal this week and we should be set between leftovers and meals made with the leftover chicken.

I feel so much better when we eat meals made from scratch.

8 comments:

  1. It all sounds delicious. You are right though. Planning ahead for home cooked meals adds brings a lot to a body's mind and body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are busy but the satisfaction will be well worth it. It's hard to find a perfect balance between time and cooking. I/Den makes a lot of one things and we eat it for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always take the leftovers for my lunch and that seems to work well.

      Delete
    2. I freeze a lot of the leftovers for Den's lunches. I didn't mark on container and sent him with just gravy one day. Oops.

      Delete
  3. I feel better if I cook and we eat things made at home from scratch. I feel even better if someone else cleans up after the home made meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I hate the clean up. I checked out your blog and decided to get cooking this morning before I commented.

      Delete
  4. I'd say 90% of our food is home cooked with the occasional frozen pizza thrown in for those busy days:)

    ReplyDelete