Saturday, May 16, 2015

Update

We have been completely swamped lately.  Last week was the last week for Lil Punk's spring activities.  She had her school program, gymnastics finale and last swimming class last week.  That frees up 2 evenings during the week.  This coming Thursday is her last day at school.  She has a couple weeks off before starting soccer and T-ball with the summer rec program.  Thankfully her daycare will take her to both of those activities so I can just sneak away from work occasionally to watch her.  That reminds me that daycare costs are going up for the summer with both kids full-time.  It will be $1060 a month.  It would be more but Lil G is now 18 months so the cost goes down for him.

We've been using up what is in our pantry, fridge and freezer.  I need to tally up our exact spending for the month so far.  This is what I have planned for the next week:
Veggie pot pie with rice and broccoli--new recipe that I'm winging
Steaks with mashed potatoes and veg
Asian sesame chicken with stir fry veggies
Spaghetti
BLT's with salad

I also want to make BlackBerry crumble bars today because the blackberries are kind of sour.  I also plan to make a roast, potatoes and veggies for a friend who just had a baby this week.  She's not much of a cook but it will be nice for her to have a good home cooked meal for her and her family.

My garden is about two thirds planted.  I haven't planted corn, beans or any vine plants yet.  It has been raining like crazy for the last 10 days after having an extremely dry spring.  This is making it hard to get the garden in.  We also had frost this last week so we covered the tomato and pepper plants.  Gotta love zone 4 gardening.

Everybody is up from napping now so I gotta go!

1 comment:

  1. I've had to bring my pots of flowers in at night lately - I'll be glad when the warmer weather is here to stay!

    ReplyDelete