Saturday, July 11, 2015

Frugal Weekend

I don't think I wrote about it on my blog but Y had some health issues in May.  I think everything got cleared up but we were left with some medical bills, to the tune of $562.  We have almost exhausted our medical flex.  We only have $260 left in that so I will request reimbursement but still have the other portion.  Rather than pulling the money from savings or my commission check, I plan to cash flow it.

I bought just the necessary groceries yesterday.  Milk, bananas, watermelon, pickles and tortillas were purchased for $17.  Our garden is starting to produce veggies and our raspberry patch is doing beautifully.
I never add pictures so I hope this works.  These raspberries were planted this year that we got from a friend and they are going gangbusters.  We eat raspberries everyday.

Lil Punk says she has strep throat so I guess we are off to the clinic.  Fun stuff!!

9 comments:

  1. Some of my best childhood memories are picking rassies off the bushes that surrounded my parents' garden. Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love picking raspberries at my grandma's house too.

      Delete
  2. I adore raspberries. I've never grown those, but blueberries always did well in Seattle. Now that we're in California, we have more tomatoes & lemons than I know what to do with, as well as avocado. Yum. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to grow blueberries but our soil isn't right for those. I would love to grow avocados and lemons. Tomatoes do well here also but only in the summer.

      Delete
  3. Those are gorgeous raspberries. We have some wild ones growing up in the mountains away from the city. I wouldn't want to go pick them though because black bears live there and they are berry territorial. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I love your Twitter :)

      Delete
  4. I hope that everyone in your house gets better and stays healthy!
    We have a nasty patch of unused land back by the pool and I think that we need to replant raspberries. Some grew in our yard from the plants that our neighbors had and then never came back. I loved when they were back there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to doing some huckleberry picking soon! Crossing my fingers I'll be able to find some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your raspberry bushes are loaded!! We had lots of berry bushes plus a strawberry patch when I was a kid growing up and my mom could can/freeze a lot for over the winter. I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete