- We are happy that we are debt free other than our mortgage a d plan to stay that way.
- Savings accounts are over $10,000 and we want to have at least 10k for emergencies
- One of our goals was to have $50,000 in our retail investment accounts. We currently gave $22,000 approximately so we are going to focus on this one next.
- A goal that wasn't on our list for 2015 that we are doing is maxing our my 401k and we plan to continue to do this.
- We decided we need to have a game plan for when one of us needs a new car. We're going to do an automatic transfer into a savings account for $200. This won't get us completely where we need to be but it will be a start.
- We are happy with the way our other goals are coming along.
- That was the extent of our conversation. Short and sweet with 2 action plans: car fund and retail investment account.
Monday, July 6, 2015
Mid Year Financial Check Up
The other day Y and I had our mid year financial chat. I don't have our list of financial goals right now so I'm going to summarize.