Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Update

It's almost 9 am here and the rest of the house is sleeping.  Granted everybody was up late last night as we had a BBQ last night.  We had 10 people over last night for a neighborhood BBQ and it was so much fun.

It seems like I don't have too much to say in the financial front anymore.  We are debt free and intend to remain that way.  We are investing money, to the tune if $2000 this month.  We are saving for upcoming expenses.  Anyway, its not all that exciting to read about so I decided that I'm just going to post about whatever.  If you only want to read about my finances, you are going to be bored going forward.

We planted sunflowers on a whim in out garden and we love them.  The little hand is my daughter's.  This is the first one that bloomed.  We want to harvest the seeds but I need to research how to protect them from the birds.  These look beautiful on the edge of the garden.

  This pic is from the middle of my garden.  It's right next to our old barn.  Y would like to tear this down but I love the way it looks.

Maybe I will post more pics this weekend.  Have a good week!

7 comments:

  1. I love the look of that barn. Reminds me of our farm. I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the barn! What do you use it for? How fun would an outdoor theater be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures! Love the barn. You should keep it :) I'm wondering, like Mysti, do you use it for anything?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your barn is beautiful! & nothing quite says 'Summer' like sunflowers <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sunflowers and they grow so blooming fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't really use the barn for much. Just some storage but its not tight against rodents so we need to be careful what we put in there. We have our insulated cat house in there. Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the fields of sunflowers in the Dakotas. Loved them. I also love that barn. Now I am homesick, but no real reason to go back as no one is alive anymore.

    ReplyDelete